1901 ground is broken
It all started back in 1901, before the Dam was built in Mchenry and Grass Lake was nothing more than a swamp. It attracted some hunters, but when the water was high the lake was known for it's Lotus flower blooms. A bar/viewing area was built called Rohemia, also known as "Shorty's Place" because of then owner Shorty Shobin.
The Dam gets Built in 1908
Blarney moves to it's current location
Business is Booming... or Blooming
The Ice causes a Rebuild
The spring thaw in 1952 did significant damage to the existing building. Instead of pulling out, they rebuilt and expanded. This is what became known as the "lower bar" and remained standing for over 60 years. It was well known for having ladies undergarments and other various random items attached to the ceiling over the years.